Sunday, August 30



WEEK 6 – Each one Teach one

Well, another week of more “no” and a few “interesting”.   As I mentioned before, I welcome the nay-sayers, they are my stepping stones.  What I can say is, having to talk to as many people as I have been lately has made me a lot more comfortable talking about and describing my product.  It also helped having a pitch sheet (see week 4) handy for emailing.  Because my product is unique, being able to provide a photo along with a description of the product did me justice in more ways than one. 

Also, I would definitely advise finding a networking group in your area to help with gaining contacts and learning more about your business.  Luckily for me it was finding the Inventors& Entrepreneurs Club of Nassau County on Meetup.com.  And it just so happens my first night with the group their guest speaker was a gentlemen from the US Patent & Trademark office, who dished out priceless information on the proper way to submit a patent and links to learning aids.  Another good reason I happen to find myself there that night was because it turns out I improperly filled out my provisional patent application.  I showed the USPTO rep my response letter and he quickly identified the error I made.  Special thanks goes out to Brian Fried for creating a networking platform for the small guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment