Sunday, August 9





WEEK 3 – About Me

Before I go any further let me take this time to introduce myself.  My name is Negus Negesti, me and my dog Sergeant hail from Virginia and we are now living in Long Island, New York.  I have dabbled in some of everything from selling ad space for a magazine called Erbanlyfe to working in a dingy shipping terminal loading trucks at night for an extra paycheck.  For the past 15 years I have worked as an Architectural Engineer for some of the most respected names in the industry and enjoy taking an idea from concept to reality.  I can remember from the first time I sold my first box of candy back in elementary school being bitten by the entrepreneurial bug.  Ever since I have pride myself on my strong work ethic (thanks mom) and my relentless effort to pursue my dream – to start my own business.
 

A little something very few people know about me; when I was eight years old I almost drowned while crabbing with my older cousins.  A favorite crabbing spot of my cousins happened to be on this old pier not too far from my aunt’s house.  One day, while tagging along with them, I decided to go horse around along the edge of the pier and wouldn’t you know it – man overboard!  All I remember was holding my arm straight up and seeing nothing but murky darkness.  The amount of time I was underwater I could not honestly tell you but I was later told that I surfaced two times and was going down a third.  Legend has it, if you go down a third time you do not come back up.  Needless to say, I am here.  That summer I taught myself how to swim.

No comments:

Post a Comment