Sunday, August 16


WEEK 4 – Who Am I

As I began calling around to non-woven manufacturers, almost immediately I found difficulty in defining my product.  Since it will be used for cleaning will it be a household product?  But I plan on marketing it as a shaving accessory, so does that make it a men’s grooming product?  If I choose household I would be competing against all the Uline’s, the Clorox’s, and other major cleaning brands.  Whereby, in the men’s grooming industry I found no application similar to mines.  Ultimately, I chose what would give me the best chance for success and to help I did a couple of product category exercises to make it a little clearer for me.
Defining my product was essential to coming up with my elevator pitch.  I mean, how can you pitch something if you don’t know what it is first?  Establish your “Who Am I” to the point a third grader could understand and your product vision gets a lot stronger.  Here’s the elevator pitch for my product:

“For ages men around the world have stood over bathroom sinks shaving and grooming, only to be left with the inevitable hairy mess afterwards.  Often times, the clean-up process takes longer than the actual grooming.  Most men do one of two things: either they, reluctantly, wash the hairs down the drain then clean up whatever is left, or they try everything, from using old t-shirts to paper towels, just to avoid the clean-up process altogether.
We have developed a patent-pending, disposable, nonwoven product that provides an efficient way to not only prevent hair from clogging your drain, but gives new meaning to having a clean shave.”


Short and sweet…your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment