Monday, August 24



WEEK 5 – Fuel to the Fire

Once my mind is made up I’m all in...

Mission: make a list of at least 100 manufacturing companies and call every one.  For me, everything is about putting that first foot forward.  So I began scouring the web knowing that there’s an association for “you name it”.  For my product it was INDA, the have a membership link of over 100 companies that you can contact.  And contact was just what I was planning to do. I made it my mission to make a least two calls every day during my lunch break until I reached someone that was going to help me reach my goal.  Not to mention, Thomasnet was also a very good source of information in helping me find a lot more sources.  (Spoiler Alert: It was through Thomasnet that I was able to find our manufacturer)


Yeah!  I got my first “No” this week.  I know what you’re thinking, “What do you mean Yeah!?”.  Honestly, I was just so happy to get the ball rolling and talking about my product, I just know this is going to be a thrilling ride.  Plus, the way I see it, every “No” puts me one step closer to a “Yes”.  As cliché as it may sound, it’s totally true.  The company that shot me down was US Nonwovens Corp.  There reason:  “We get ideas like that at least once a year, we just wouldn’t be a good fit for you.”  So a big shout out to US Nonwovens for adding fuel to my fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment