Tuesday, September 8



WEEK 7 – The Good and the Bad

The bad news – more “no’s”.  Another week of phone call after phone call and constantly sending out emails of my pitch sheet.  Although it has been interesting to talk to people who were sincerely trying to help me.  There were a few companies I spoke with who, even though they couldn’t help me with my product per se, they were willing to help me and point me in a more favorable direction.  Also, among the no’s, there are a few companies that were interested and I’m waiting to hear back from.  So fingers crossed. 

The good news – non-provisional patent “APPROVED”.  A big sigh of relief came in the mail this week, my non-provisional patent application was accepted.  So now the clock officially starts.  I have one year from my filing date to file for my utility patent.  This one year is used to see if your idea is marketable or not.  I have basically two options: one, to take my idea and shop it around to see if there’s anyone who would be interested in buying the rights to my patent or maybe offer me a licensing deal; or two, get my product to the retail shelves myself and see if I can build a business from it.  Decisions, decisions.


Here’s a good read that I want to pass along this week on how to get your product made from Martha Stewart herself.  Check it out.


No comments:

Post a Comment