Sunday, September 13



WEEK 8 - Results

Calls, Calls, Calls – feels like that’s all I’ve been doing for the last few months.  Finally I’ve connected with someone that can get me to the next level, actually I’ve been communicating with two people.  One of which I found out is a consultant in the non-woven industry branching out on his own to start his own business, and the other was a manufacturing company.  The consultant by the name of Jeff – it’s amazing how much you can learn from a single conversation with someone who has been doing this for years – was someone I came in contact with after making numerous follow-up calls.  It was refreshing hearing Jeff get just as excited about my product as I was.  The issue for me is that he is what I consider to be a middle man, and personally, I try to avoid middle men. 


My other contact was a guy that actually reached out to me first.  Well then again, I did throw the first stone by submitting a RFQ (Request For Quote) on Thomasnet.  It’s a very powerful tool that Thomasnet has on their website where you complete a short form describing your product and they send an RFQ on your behalf to at least five different companies within your industry.   Next thing I knew I was getting an email from Fabrico asking me if I could more descriptive about my product – duh, yeah…that’s what I got this pitch sheet for.  So this week I’ve been in the talks with two people, Jeff and Barry from Fabrico.  The daunting question now is who is going to cost me the most money.  Even though I believe in paying for good quality I still need to stay within my budget and get the best I can for what I can afford.  So as I type this Jeff is working on a proposal to send me.  Check back here next week and let’s see what this proposal looks like.

No comments:

Post a Comment